Automatic unfair dismissals are a set of unfair dismissals that you do not need two years of service to claim for at a tribunal due to their serious nature and they include:
- being pregnant or on maternity leave
- wanting to take family leave, for example; parental, paternity or adoption leave
- being a trade union member or representative
- asking for a legal right, for example; to be paid the National Minimum Wage
- doing jury service
- being involved in whistleblowing
- taking action, or proposing to take action, over a health and safety issue.
Please see the ACAS website on unfair dismissals.